Training Session: Acquiring Facilities Under Prop. 39
A special three-part training developed jointly by CCSA and Middleton, Young & Minney, LLP (MYM).
Part 1: This video provides an overview of the Prop. 39 law requiring school district to provide facilities to charter schools. It includes
- the rights and obligations of charter schools and school districts under the law
- eligibility requirements for charter schools
- the timeline of the Prop. 39 facilities request and offer process
- a brief discussion of the elements of a Prop. 39 request
Part 2: This video provides a step-by-step look at the Prop. 39 template request form developed jointly by CCSA and MYM. It provides a detailed discussion of the required elements of a Prop. 39 request, including guidance on projecting attendance and tips to bolster a school's Prop. 39 request.
Part 3: This video discusses
- the preliminary and final facilities offer process
- negotiating facilities offers and agreements
- common provisions of Prop. 39 facilities use agreements between charter schools and school districts
- some of the case law that has shaped Prop. 39 over the years
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
February 9, 2018
CCSA looks forward to hosting you next month, March 26 to 28 for the 25th Annual California Charter Schools Conference
February 9, 2018
CCSA Answers: Do the annual March 1st School Safety Plan adoption requirements included in Education Code Section 32286 apply to charter schools?
Learn whether the annual March 1st School Safety Plan adoption requirements included in Education Code Section 32286 applies to charter