Training Session: Acquiring Facilities Under Prop. 39
A special three-part training developed jointly by CCSA and Middleton, Young & Minney, LLP (MYM).
Part 1: This video provides an overview of the Prop. 39 law requiring school district to provide facilities to charter schools. It includes
- the rights and obligations of charter schools and school districts under the law
- eligibility requirements for charter schools
- the timeline of the Prop. 39 facilities request and offer process
- a brief discussion of the elements of a Prop. 39 request
Part 2: This video provides a step-by-step look at the Prop. 39 template request form developed jointly by CCSA and MYM. It provides a detailed discussion of the required elements of a Prop. 39 request, including guidance on projecting attendance and tips to bolster a school's Prop. 39 request.
Part 3: This video discusses
- the preliminary and final facilities offer process
- negotiating facilities offers and agreements
- common provisions of Prop. 39 facilities use agreements between charter schools and school districts
- some of the case law that has shaped Prop. 39 over the years
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
January 20, 2017
Don't miss out on the opportunity to learn from CCSA's technology partner, CDW-G, tomorrow, Tuesday, January 24 in a special webinar...
December 16, 2016
CCSA held a webinar on December 15 on the State School Facilities Bond created through Proposition 51, which includes $500 million...