At California Charter Schools Association Families (CCSA Families) we bring together the voices of charter school families, teachers and alumni from across California into one powerful voice for excellent schools for all children. Charter Schools have a track record of success in student achievement and preparing these students for college. In the Spring of 2015, CCSA Families launched the California Charters Alumni Leadership Institute (CALI) in Los Angeles, hiring and training alumni of charter schools to become skilled organizers and leaders for charter schools and passionate advocates for school choice. Here is where you come in! This fall, 2016, we are continuing the CALI program. We are committed to supporting high-quality charter schools and ensuring that more and more students in Los Angeles have access to excellent public school options.
Job Description: As an Alumni Leader, you will have direct contact with the community to talk about the upcoming Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education Election. This includes informing communities about charter school advocacy and Los Angeles school board politics, participating in canvassing, and phone banking, encouraging people to attend campaign events and volunteer. Most important, you will be building power for the Charter School Movement. All alumni leaders will be hired as temporary, part-time employees by the California Charter Schools Association and will also work on the behalf of our tandem 501(c)4 organization CCSA Advocates.
- Alumni of a Charter School and currently located in the Greater Los Angeles area
- Passionate about your charter school experience
- Team player
Nice to Haves:
- Multilingual (Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, Cantonese or Mandarin preferred)
- Previous organizing experience
- Position runs from November 1st - May 16th
- Must be available for an in-person interview before October 20th
- Approximately 12+ hours per week (including evening and weekend hours)
- Pay: $15/hour
- Must have reliable transportation to Downtown Los Angeles office
- Application Deadline: Accepting on Rolling Basis
To Apply: Please send a resume and answers to the five questions below. Please provide one paragraph for questions 2-5. Email all applications to Arquimides Pacheco: email@example.com
- What is your employment status? (Full-time college student, working part time, etc.)
- What is educational justice and what does it mean to you?
- What is your experience with charter schools? Do you think Charters are an important piece of the public education system? Why or why not?
- Do you have an interest in politics, advocacy, or community organizing? What special skills, knowledge, or abilities do you have that will help you to successfully educate and persuade communities?
- Tell us about a time when you had to accomplish a large, long-term task. What obstacles did you face? How did you plan for them and eventually overcome them?
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
September 21, 2018
We hope your school year is off to a fantastic start. Take five minutes this week to lock-in the low
September 19, 2018
California's Charter Schools Fight for Most Vulnerable Students, Thank Governor Jerry Brown for Putting Kids First
CCSA applauds Governor Jerry Brown for signing Assembly Bill (AB) 1871, which will ensure that all of California's charter schools