Director, Individual Giving
Posted: Oct. 5
Location: Los Angeles or Sacramento Office, or a home office anywhere in California
Overview of Responsibilities
The Director of Individual Giving will lead the management of CCSA Advocates' fundraising and will report to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the CEO of CCSA and the Executive Director of CCSA Advocates. The major responsibilities include increasing CCSA Advocates' donor base, providing consistent communications with donors, researching prospective donors, coordinating meetings and events, and managing a tracking system to ensure fundraising deadlines and goals are met. The ideal candidate will have development experience in the non-profit or political spheres and be a self-starter excited about building a political giving program.
About the California Charter Schools Association
The California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is the advocacy and membership organization serving charter public schools in the state of California. The vision of CCSA is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. Our mission is to reach one million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure. CCSA is a trusted source of data and information on California's charter schools for parents, authorizers, legislators, the press and other interested groups. For more information, please visit www.calcharters.org.
About CCSA Advocates
CCSA Advocates, CCSA's sister organization, is a political organization that shares the vision of CCSA, but CCSA Advocates' mission focuses specifically on electing charter-school supporters to political office and increasing electoral success and political power for charter schools. CCSA Advocates is funded almost entirely through individual giving, and donations are not tax-deductible as a function of CCSA Advocates' status as a 501(c)4 organization with four associated Political Action Committees.
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Building an individual giving program to organize and grow CCSA Advocates' fundraising
- Research and identify new donors
- Ensure appropriate follow-up with every potential and existing donor
- Write proposals and/or presentations for major donors
- Develop convincing communications to donors and prospects to encourage recurring donations
- Maintain a database of existing donors and prospects that are in alignment with CCSA's priorities
- Plan and execute events to attract new donors
- Participate with CCSA staff in the coordination of events such as the annual statewide conference
- Communicate the vision and mission of CCSA and CCSA Advocates to a wide variety of stakeholders, tailoring the message to unique individuals
- Minimum of two years of development, political fundraising or related experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and a self-starter with the ability to work well independently
- Flexibility and ability to work on tight deadlines
- A keen understanding and appreciation of CCSA's and CCSA Advocates' missions and strategic priorities
How to Apply
Please send all of the following documents, as one PDF or Word document:
- Cover letter answering the following questions:
- What is it about CCSA's mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- Three References (will only contact after notifying you)
Save the document as "your first name and last name - Director Individual Giving" and email it as an attachment to: FDCareers@ccsa.org
Position will be open until November 15th or until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: