Manager, Community Data
Posted: October 14
Location: California (Sacramento, Oakland, or LA Preferred)
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Community Data will play a sizeable role in helping maintain and support an innovative advocacy data program for the largest charter school association in the country. The "Charter Nation" program assists California charter schools in engaging their respective communities while helping CCSA better gather parent data for advocacy efforts. The Manager, Community Data will also provide operational support to various related advocacy projects aligned with the organizational missions of both CCSA (501c3) and CCSA Advocates (501c4).
The ideal candidate must possess great customer service skills, hands-on experience transferring data between different systems, be exceedingly well-organized, flexible and willing to work professionally within a team of diverse people and projects. A sense of humor, ability to roll with things and a passion for education reform will make everything more enjoyable for you and for us. Proficiency in data management is required.
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Champion excellent internal and external customer service for all data and technology matters.
- Interact with different school personnel to obtain school level data essential to CCSA's advocacy efforts, coaching site-based personnel on proper methods of extraction and data sharing when necessary.
- Extract, transform and load data sets to and from different data systems as needed to ensure Association teams have the most-up-to-date data to inform their work.
- Perform regular data integrity checks to ensure the quality of CCSA's existing data.
- Aid in the research, development and documentation of internal best practices to increase overall staff efficiency via new or existing technologies and processes.
- Provide guidance and support to CCSA staff on how to maintain the integrity of the Association's internal data housed in Salesforce.
- Assist the Director, Community Data in a wide range of different efforts and support requests as needed.
- Superior follow-through and attention to detail as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner with demonstrated ability to master new technology and applications.
- Effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write reports/documentation and carry out in person and remote training sessions.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Not just a comfort with ambiguity, but a willingness to embrace it and bring order to it.
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission.
- Minimum of a BA/BS.
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- Prior data and/or technology experience. Formal training a plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, DemandTools and voter information systems a plus.
- Experience with different School Information Systems (SIS).
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement of systems, processes and one's self.
How to Apply
Please send the following as different attachments to DOIT Careers (DOITCareers@ccsa.org) with a subject line that reads "Manager, Community Data":
- Cover letter (as an attachment) answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- References (will only contact after notifying you) Please make sure your cover letter is also attached to the email as content in the body of your email will not be saved by our system.
Please note that we may also request work samples at a later point in time.
The position will remain open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: