Posted: October 2016
Location: California (Sacramento Preferred)
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager of Conference is a key member of the California Charter Schools Association team and will work directly with the Director, Staff Relations and Special Projects and the Conference Producer to provide logistics, communications and programming support for the CCSA Conference (www.charterconference.org).
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Monitor budget.
- Manage hotel contracts, room blocks, rooming list and breakfast vouchers.
- Develop and execute an effective communications plan for CCSA's annual conference that includes marketing, outreach and internal/external communications.
- Lead successful planning and manage logistics of all ancillary events including, pre-conference workshops, tandem board and council meetings, CEO events, sponsored events and CCSA staff hosted events.
- Oversee the coordination of registration bags, badges, ribbons, lanyards, stickers and buttons.
- Oversee creation, execution and analysis of conference data (e.g., exhibitor survey, attendee survey, moderator form, exhibit hall visit survey and breakout session surveys).
- Develop and provide timely staff communications to aid in preparation for the annual conference (e.g., FAQ, rooming lists, schedules, emergency procedures, maps and onsite staff roles).
- Host a staff webinar prior to the conference to review materials and address any outstanding questions.
- Manage conference networking events, plenary session messaging and activities.
- Manage the conference website, social media consultant, graphic designer and photographer. Integrate content and graphics into program, signage, large structure and the mobile app.
- Lead attendee registration, registration bag production and onsite management.
- Support Advocacy Day logistics.
- Superior follow-through and attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker, innovator and quick learner.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines.
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission.
- Minimum of a BA/BS.
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement of systems, processes and one's self.
- Three years of experience in event planning, communications, marketing or public relations
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, references and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Conference and email it as an attachment to: Careers@ccsa.org
The position will remain open until November 15, 2016 or until it is filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: