Manager, Data Projects
Posted: October 14
Location: California (Sacramento, Oakland, or LA Preferred)
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Data Projects will own the development, enhancement, maintenance and rollout of data, operations and related systems for our political and community outreach programs. The nature of work for this role is highly seasonal. During an election cycle, the focus will be on pathway to victory planning, campaign systems development, operations management, reporting and analysis, etc. Outside of an election cycle, the focus will shift to infrastructure development, list-building programs, community organizing support/enhancement, etc.
Because the Manager, Data Projects provides operational guidance to various related advocacy projects, the ideal candidate will be a scrappy problem solver with great people skills seeking technical and non-technical solutions alike to maximize the efficacy of our programs and outreach efforts. A sense of humor, ability to roll with things and a passion for education reform will make everything more enjoyable for you and for us. Proficiency in data management is required. Occasional travel may also be required.
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Extract, transform and load data sets to and from different data systems as needed to ensure Association teams have the most-up-to-date data to inform their work.
- Maintain close working relationship with staff and consultants working directly with our data systems.
- Establish field operations data practices and coach staff on phone-banking and field canvassing systems.
- Build reporting systems; analyze and distribute the results to respective teams and stakeholders.
- Be a champion for data quality and integrity: define data integrity norms and coach relevant trainers/managers on how to uphold them.
- Help build targeting models to improve field efforts and train the field teams on understanding the modeling data as well as on using it most effectively.
- Develop materials and conduct "train-the-trainer" sessions on data systems and data best practices as needed. Provide ongoing support to those trainers and "Tier 2" support to teams.
- Assist the Director, Data and Analytics in project managing a wide range of different efforts and support requests.
- Proven track record of working in a data-driven, team-based environment.
- Superior follow-through and attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of comfort with technology, databases and change management.
- Demonstrated ability with data manipulation tools such as MS Excel, R, SQL or BigQuery.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment.
- Commitment to continuous improvement - ability to identify and address weaknesses, both operationally and personally.
- Time management - ability to stay focused and organized in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities.
- Effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write reports/documentation and carry out in person and remote training sessions with little or no supervision.
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, as needed (some evenings and weekends).
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and voter information systems a plus.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Experience with data and mapping visualization tools such as Tableau and QGIS.
- Prior data and/or technology experience. Formal training a plus.
- Not just a comfort with ambiguity, but a willingness to embrace it and bring order to it.
- Minimum of a BA/BS.
How to Apply
Please send the following as different attachments to DOIT Careers (DOITCareers@ccsa.org) with a subject line that reads "Manager, Data Projects":
- Cover letter (as an attachment) answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- References (will only contact after notifying you) Please make sure your cover letter is also attached to the email as content in the body of your email will not be saved by our system.
Please note that we may also request work samples at a later point in time.
The position will remain open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: