Manager, Data Systems
Posted: October 14
Location: California (Sacramento, Oakland, or LA Preferred)
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Data Systems will play an important role in maintaining and enhancing the data and data systems for all of the Association's teams and may work with various internal stakeholders under the leadership of the Director, Data Systems. The Manager, Data Systems will also provide operational support to various related advocacy projects aligned with the organizational missions of both CCSA (501c3) and CCSA Advocates (501c4). The ideal candidate must possess great customer service skills, hands-on experience handling and transferring data between different systems, be exceedingly well organized, flexible and willing to work professionally within a team of diverse people and projects. A sense of humor, ability to roll with things and a passion for education reform will make everything more enjoyable for you and for us. Proficiency in data management is required.
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Extract, transform and load data sets to and from different data systems as needed to ensure Association teams have the most-up-to-date data to inform their work.
- Champion and provide excellent internal and external customer service for all data and technology matters.
- Design and create various data reports.
- Perform regular data integrity checks to ensure the quality of CCSA's existing data.
- Monitor and address issues with outside developers and consultants.
- Aid in the research, development and documentation of internal best practices to increase overall staff efficiency via new or existing technologies and processes.
- Provide guidance and support to CCSA staff on maintaining the integrity of the Association's internal data.
- Develop materials and conduct group training sessions on data systems and data best practices as needed.
- Assist the Director, Data Systems in project managing a wide range of different efforts and support requests.
- Champion excellent internal and external customer service for all data and technology matters.
- Demonstrated ability with data manipulation tools such as MS Excel, Access or SQL.
- Superior follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills and habits.
- High degree of comfort with technology, databases and change management.
- Quick learner with demonstrated ability to master new technology and applications.
- Time management - ability to stay focused and organized in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities.
- Commitment to continuous improvement - ability to identify and address weaknesses, both operationally and personally.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write reports/documentation and carry out in person and remote training sessions with little or no supervision.
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission.
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and voter information systems a plus.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Prior data and/or technology experience. Formal training a plus.
- Not just a comfort with ambiguity, but a willingness to embrace it and bring order to it.
- Minimum of a BA/BS.
How to Apply
Please send the following as different attachments to DOIT Careers (DOITCareers@ccsa.org) with a subject line that reads "Manager, Data Systems":
- Cover letter (as an attachment) answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- References (will only contact after notifying you) Please make sure your cover letter is also attached to the email as content in the body of your email will not be saved by our system.
Please note that we may also request work samples at a later point in time.
The position will remain open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: