Manager, Email and Digital Engagement Programs
Reports to: Managing Director, Digital Communications
Location: Anywhere in CA; Sacramento Preferred
Updated: August 2017
Work under the supervision of and directly with the Managing Director, Digital Communications, to lead email and digital engagement programs that grow and nurture CCSA's database with charter school advocates and external partners, helping to achieve an activated base of California charter public school supporters. We are seeking an individual who can create best in class email marketing and nurturing programs that place emphasis on data analytics and insights, making necessary changes to strategies based on monitored performance. In addition to leading results-driven work, the Manager, Email and Digital Engagement Programs will play an integral role in identifying lead segmentations, helping CCSA achieve a tailored approach to communications with each defined audience. This role will work closely with our Organizing and Political Engagement and Civic Affairs teams, leveraging email nurturing programs to mobilize support for CA charter public schools at a grassroots level. Experience with Hubspot and/or Salesforce is strongly preferred, along with comfort and ease in understanding Customer Relationship Model (CRM)strategies, implementation and best practices. Additional skills in CSS, HTML, email template design or general design capabilities is a big plus.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving 1,230 charter public schools and more than 581,000 students in the state of California. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools.
- Develop, execute and optimize end-to-end email strategies that engage and grow CCSA's contact database via:
- Newsletter distributions
- Nurturing/drip programs
- Inbound lead management best practices
- Analyze current email programs and make recommendations for improvements based on past performance and audience insights; implement content optimization and visual redesigns
- Lead and/or facilitate the creation of dynamic, responsive email templates, designs and features that engage audiences
- Develop and/or facilitate the creation of rich text graphics or other visuals that enhance email and digital content distributions
- Lead the development of segmentation strategies informed by analysis of audience performance and tracked activities; recommend approaches that lead to refined segmentation abilities Employ best practices in email and digital engagement programs, including regular use of A/B and/or multivariate testing
- Know how to create and use landing pages as a means for managing user subscriptions, soliciting contact information and engaging with audiences
- Regularly report on performance, nimbly adjust where necessary, and strive towards achieving and implementing micro-targeted communications
- Help refine CCSA's data management through email insights; evangelize and apply best practices in CRM management towards the unique needs of a statewide advocacy organization
- Stay abreast of and recommend the most relevant best practices in email marketing, digital content development and personalized features
- Manage and lead in partnership, where appropriate, all email programs as defined within CCSA's email marketing and lead management tool, Hubspot
- 4-6 years of experience in email marketing, content creation or targeted outreach--ideally in a non-profit, political or cause-related organization
- Advanced skills in email marketing, drip or engagement campaigns informed by insights and analytics Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; comparable professional experience considered
- Experience in working with graphic designers, web designers, multimedia specialists, or other related digital fields
- Experience in CRM tools, with preference given to experience in Hubspot
- Experience in CSS, HTML and other web-based skills that support email design and development
- Graphic design experience or content creation with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Adobe Indesign or other comparable programs
- Any experience in community organizing, political organizing, campaigning, lobbying, or training Bilingual in Spanish and English
Possess an Ability to:
- Write succinctly and in an impactful digital format
- Build and implement email marketing or nurturing campaigns from insights and instincts built in best practices learned from previous work
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Balance working as a team member with independent work with minimal supervision
- Multi-task and complete work that could be subject to multiple interruptions
- Consistently analyze analytics and present insights on new approaches to work
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Demonstrate patience, tact, and courtesy with others
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations
- Value risk-taking and opportunity to advance work in ways that challenge the status quo
- Evangelize the importance and role of digital/online strategies in meeting the organization's goals and objectives in achieving an activated base
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume as one PDF or Word document. Your cover letter must answer the following in order to be considered: - Briefly describe your professional experience and why you think it is a good fit for this role. - What sets you apart from other candidates for this role? - If you could name one measure of success you seek to achieve in this role, what would it be?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Email and Digital Engagement Programs, and email it as an attachment to: CommsCareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: