Manager, Political Engagement
Manager, Political Engagement
Posted: May 31
Location: Los Angeles or Bay Area
Description of Job:
The manager of political engagement will engage charter school leaders in political work, including mobilizing them around elections, building our database of charter school parents and teachers, fundraising, campaign volunteering, and growing and managing our local PACs. The Manager, Political Engagement reports directly to the Senior Manager, Political Engagement, and will work closely with her/him to build out a strong political and civic infrastructure within their designated region that supports high quality charter schools.
Overview of Responsibilities
This is a great opportunity for a hard worker who loves politics, education reform, and people. The ideal candidate has government or community relations experience, can demonstrate success in business development with government or nonprofit agencies, understands how to raise funds successfully, can manage a small group of volunteers effectively, and has experience working on political campaigns, but we will consider all candidates who demonstrate a passion for education politics and a desire to grow and learn. Candidates for this position should be: relationship oriented; excellent meeting organizers; strong project managers; self-starters; and highly organized.
- Develop deep relationships with charter school leaders and local PAC members with the purpose of engaging them in political work.
- Recruit schools to join our efforts to increase the size of our parent/family and staff database.
- Provide support for school leaders to run civic engagement initiatives at their schools.
- Manage local political fundraising initiatives, engaging charter leaders in this work.
- Monitor political reporting compliance of regional PACs.
- Manage meeting calendar, agenda preparation, strategic planning, and follow-up of each local PAC.
- Help grow our local campaign volunteer program.
- Collaborate across multiple CCSA teams to accomplish goals.
A goal-oriented, relationship-oriented, operations-minded person who is organized, can easily synthesize data, and is detail oriented. The ability to lead a group of volunteers and professionals to accomplish great things. Someone who has good political instinct, is extremely persistent, works collaboratively with others, is results oriented and deadline driven, and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Please send the following to Gary Davis at CAPACareers@ccsa.org. Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Political Engagement.
A thoughtful, interesting cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- References (will only contact after notifying you)
Positions will be open until filled. Please apply as soon as possible.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: