Manager, School Partnership Development
Posted: May 16
Location: Los Angeles
Description of Job
The Manager, School Partnership Development, engages charter-school parents and other stakeholders across the state in civic engagement activities with the goal of increasing voter turnout in the charter sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a hard worker with an entrepreneurial spirit who cares about increasing the involvement of disenfranchised voters in the political process and who wants to work directly with charter-school leaders, staff, and parents to make an impact on elections.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, School Partnership Development, reports to the Managing Director, Civic Affairs, and will play a key role on a growing initiative at the California Charter Schools Association. This job is perfect for someone with a variety of interests and skills, as it entails strategic planning, project management, research, data analysis, presentations, and thoughtful communication with internal and external stakeholders. This role does not require any specific prior experience, as people from a variety of backgrounds can be successful in it.
The Manager will be responsible for meeting with influential charter-school leaders across the state, introducing them to CCSA's charter-school civic-engagement strategy, assisting them with voter registration, education, and mobilization of their school communities, and encouraging their participation in key initiatives of the Civic Affairs team. The ideal candidate will be organized and well-spoken, will have a knack for quickly building rapport with diverse stakeholders, and will be able to take the initiative to conduct proactive outreach to charter school leaders and others in a compelling, confidence-inspiring manner.
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Convey the urgency of this program to school leaders in a way that gains their trust and buy-in and then quickly transitions to developing plans for their school(s)
- Develop and execute school-level plans to build our CCSA's database of charter-school stakeholders and to increase voter turnout of the charter-school community
- Maintain relationship with charter-school leaders and ensure open lines of communication with them at all times
- Communicate progress, challenges, and successes with internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Utilize CCSA's databases for sharing information with internal stakeholders
- Develop organizational systems for sharing information with internal stakeholders when necessary
- Outgoing personality, with ability to build relationships and trust quickly
- Willingness to take feedback and to be coached
- Customer-service orientation
- Ability to interact confidently with charter-school staff in executive and leadership positions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel throughout the Los Angeles and the southern California region
How to Apply
Please send the following as one PDF or Word document titled: "your first and last name" -Manager, School Partnership Development to: upload.Resume_.firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not write in the email body as it will not be read, all documents must be attached.
- Cover letter answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
We strongly encourage candidates to apply by June 3rd.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: