Posted: July 7
Location: Los Angeles or Sacramento
Description of Job:
CCSA is hiring a Political Manager to be located in the Sacramento or Los Angeles region. The Political Manager will support the electoral priorities of the Civic and Political Affairs team, help facilitate the organization's evaluation and endorsement process of candidates seeking local, legislative, and statewide office, and help manage campaign efforts. The position will report to the Political Director and take strategic direction from other members of the core elections team, including the Director of Organizing and Executive Director.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Political Manager will assist the Political Director in assessing the political climate for charter public schools in California; research candidates seeking local and state office; recommend endorsements to the organization's Board of Directors; support the procurement and management of political consultants; and deploy human and financial resources in facilitation of the organization's electoral priorities. The Political Manager will also be responsible for collaborating with other statewide and regional political action committees, including education-reform groups, labor unions, business groups, political parties, and social welfare organizations to achieve mutual, electoral goals.
- Research candidates and evaluate their viability, community support, and their alignment with the organization's mission;
- Analyze public opinion polling, demographic and political trends, voter data and analytics to determine a path to victory for prospective endorsees;
- Interview and educate candidates about the organization's mission, policy goals, and strategic priorities;
- Inform the organization's stakeholders, including teachers, parents, and charter school operators about the organization's endorsed candidates and electoral priorities
- Commission, develop, and analyze public opinion polling to determine a candidate's path, develop effective messaging, and inform the organization's outlay of political funds;
- Support the management and ongoing evaluation of independent expenditure activities, including traditional media methods like direct mail, radio, cable and broadcast advertisements, and new media modalities like pre-roll, banner and display ads, email, and online social media;
- Deploy and evaluate paid field programs;
- Support the organization's legal and regulatory compliance efforts related to independent expenditure activity;
- Review and interpret available modeling and data analytics related to issues and voter turn-out; Evaluate efficacy of independent expenditure campaigns
- Coordinate with other statewide and regional political action committees to establish and support ad hoc and ongoing coalition activities;
- Support the development of resource-sharing strategies across multiple PACs in support of electoral goals
- experience managing candidate and/or independent expenditure campaigns, and/or voter communications programs in a minimum of 3 election cycles
- Familiarity with state election laws and regulations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret public opinion polling, data and analytics;
- Experience using tools and online voter database platforms like NationBuilder and PDI
How to Apply
Please the following as one PDF or Word document:
- Cover letter answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What role do you believe advocacy should play in advancing greater high quality public school options for all California families?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- References (will only contact after notifying you)
Save the document as "your first name and last name - Political Manager" and email it as an attachment to: Resume_.email@example.com Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
Position will be open until August 5, 2016 or until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
September 24, 2018
Latina charter school moms gather to ensure change for the safety of students, demonstrating the power and benefits of strength
September 21, 2018
We hope your school year is off to a fantastic start. Take five minutes this week to lock-in the low