Regional Manager, Greater Los Angeles
Posted: May 31
Location: Los Angeles
CCSA is hiring a Regional Manager for the Greater Los Angeles region. The Regional Manager, as part of the Regional Advocacy team, leads charter school policy/advocacy and supports member schools' interests across Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties in the areas of charter school authorization, renewals, and facilities advocacy. This position works closely with charter school leaders and local elected officials to maximize the positive impact of charter schools in the region and to ensure that students and families have access to high-quality schools.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Los Angeles Regional Advocacy team supports over 400 charter schools across Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. This role will involve working directly with the Los Angeles Managing Director to support charter members within Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties and in collective action advocacy campaigns; over time, the Regional Manager will independently address policy/advocacy issues at the region's boards of education, and build strategic relationships with key elected officials in local districts, cities, and counties to lay the foundation for new areas of charter growth in the region. The Greater Los Angeles Regional Advocacy team is comprised of 4 team members, supervised by the Managing Director, each responsible for various policy areas, membership engagement by geographic region or LAUSD board district, and collective action advocacy campaigns to ensure we are meeting our strategic objectives for our members.
Essential External Duties
- Be an advocate: use persuasion to build toward collective action with charter school leaders by creating and implementing strategic campaigns around renewals, facilities, and other issues
- Build strategic relationships: meet with charter leaders, visit member schools and provide resources to the Greater LA Region's charter schools. Over time in the role and after success in other external duties, begin to cultivate relationships with elected and appointed officials and key staff at local school districts and county offices of education
Essential Internal Duties:
- Plan strategically:
- Create and execute on project management for a portfolio of projects, including collective action campaigns with charter school involvement, regularly tracking progress to goal and delegation of responsibilities
- Support the team:
- Develop and manage systems to ensure the team is tracking key information around its advocacy campaigns and policy initiatives within school boards, monitoring the issues its members are facing, and developing and distributing relevant charter related policy/advocacy information to charter school members, elected officials and community organizations
- Collaborate with internal CCSA teams, including New School Development, Student Achievement and Data, Government Affairs, and CCSA Advocates (the 501(c)(4) political affairs tandem organization to CCSA) to align resources and maximize advocacy work and outcomes
- Be a self-starter, problem-solver and solutions-oriented
- Exceptional strategic thinking and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5 years of professional work experience
- Experience working to motivate a variety of constituents
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Spanish speaking
How to Apply
For interested candidates, please send cover letter, resume, and references as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
References - should list three references (at least one who was your supervisor) with phone numbers and emails; we will only contact after notifying you
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Regional Manager, Greater Los Angeles and email it as an attachment to: Resume_.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
The position will remain open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: