Posted: March 16
Location: Anywhere in California, Los Angeles Preferred
Overview of Responsibilities
The DOIT Support Specialist will play an important role in providing operations support for the largest charter school association in the country. The DOIT Support Specialist will provide support of daily office needs, various projects and general support to the entire staff. In addition, the DOIT Support Specialist will also help to reconcile data in our systems, including some data entry when necessary. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their professional career or enter the education sector.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional follow-through, be a self-starter, well-organized, flexible, and willing to work professionally within a team of diverse people and projects. A sense of humor, ability to roll with things, and a passion for education reform will make everything more enjoyable for you and for us. An ability to work well within a diverse team under pressure to meet deadlines is also essential.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving 1,253 charter public schools and more than 600,000 students in the state of California. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure. For more information, please visit www.calcharters.org.
The DOIT Support Specialist will be a part of the Data, Operations and Information Technologies Team (DOIT) within the larger Office of the President Team. The Office of the President Team accelerates CCSA's impact in achieving its priority objectives by supporting all of the Association's seven other teams in accomplishing their specific goals by providing quality, cost-effective support services. As part of the Office of the President, the Data, Operations and Information Technologies Team ensures all CCSA's teams have the best tools and processes available to successfully carry out their mandates. As a consequence, the team touches all of CCSA's activities and provides a dynamic, fast-paced environment in which all its members can have a significant impact on California's charter school movement.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA Advocates is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure.
Representative Duties/ Essential Duties
- Support of daily office needs including, but not limited to, sorting mail, managing incoming and outgoing packages
- Provide excellent support by monitoring our internal help desk
- Ensure the upkeep of office supplies in our LA office
- Help coordinate with our building management on facilities issues as needed
- Help clean up data in our systems by merging duplicative data and bad data as needed
- Run monthly and quarterly reports on some of our systems to help inform whether staff are using the digital tools and resources we offer
- Champions excellent internal customer service for all general operations issues
- Support the Director of Operations & Information Technologies as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Great follow-through, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Effective communication skills, with a customer service orientation
- Experience with Salesforce (a plus)
How to Apply
Please send an email with a cover letter and resume as one PDF or Word Document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/ or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - DOIT Support Specialist and email it as an attachment to DOITCareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write on the body of the email as comments will not be saved.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: