At the Capitol: Statewide Advocacy
The California Charter Schools Association is working hard to improve the environment for charter schools in California. Our statewide and local advocacy presence, combined with your action, benefits the charter school movement.
How CCSA works for California charter schools
- Advocates for state budget equity
- Tracks bills in the Legislature with impact to charter schools
- Ensures equitable operational funding through tough budget times
- Improves access to facilities for charter schools in a variety of ways
- Works to ensure successful local charter renewals
- Provides charter schools with a comprehensive range of special education options
- Shares what's going on in our weekly Capitol Update
Become an Advocate for the Charter School Movement
Watch this short video on how to have an effective legislative meeting, then download the Legislative Advocacy Toolkit to learn how to get Legislators involved in the life of your school, schedule a meeting with your elected officials, understand the life cycle of legislation, and more.
Get Involved Today:
- Attend CCSA's Annual Advocacy Day at the State Capitol
- Schedule a legislative visit
- Monitor the status of active legislation affecting charter schools
- Learn more about the state budget and its impact on charter schools
- Read about key bills (from previous sessions) affecting charter schools
- Capitol Update Archives
- See how your Legislator voted on charter school issues
- Participate in calls to action when your voice is needed by CCSA in Sacramento
- Find Legislative contact information here
- See a compilation of recent hearings at regulatory agencies and those coming up soon
- Submit ideas for charter-related legislation
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
February 19, 2016
Earlier this month, a small group began an effort to get the "Elimination of Charter Schools" initiative on the California ballot...
January 8, 2016
Last week, Governor Jerry Brown introduced his proposed state budget for the 2016-17 fiscal year. The budget includes $5.4 billion more...