Charter Teachers Share their Secrets to Success
February 15, 201219th Annual California Charter Schools Conference to hear about the great teaching and learning going on in charter school classrooms throughout California. Our all-new teacher strand includes sessions on curriculum areas, closing the achievement gap, standards alignment, and more.
Tuesday, February 28
- At the Intersection of State Standards and Project-Based Learning. 10:45 a.m. - Noon. Room 317
- Integrating Music into the Elementary Classroom. 10:45 a.m. - Noon. Room 305
- Whole Brain Teaching: Use Movement, Music, & Motivation to Enhance Learning. 10:45 a.m. - Noon. Room 316
- Transformative Mentoring:Inspiring Excellence through Blended Peer Coaching. 10:45 a.m. - Noon. Room 314
- Essay Writing for High School Language Learners/Struggling Students: How? 2 - 3:15 p.m. Room 317
- Achieving Student Engagement through Great Lesson Design. 2 - 3:15 p.m. Room 313
- Differentiating Instruction in Reading to Meet the Needs of All Children. 2-3:15 p.m. Room 316
- Get Going with STEM! 2-3:15 p.m. Room 201
- Cal Grant Application and Eligibility for High School Counselors. 3:45 - 5 p.m. Room 304
- Teacher Expo. More than 20 poster sessions just for teachers. 3:45 - 5 p.m. Exhibit Hall ABC
Wednesday, February 29
- How to Start an Afterschool Program Operated by a Charter School, 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Room 316
- Lights! Camera! Writing! 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Room 317
- Highly Motivating Writing Instruction for ALL K-6 Students. 2-3:15 p.m. Room 312
- Prezi: Empowering Students to Creatively Present their Ideas. 2-3:15 p.m. Room 316
- Making Whole Class Instruction as Powerful as One-to-One. 2-3:15 p.m. Room 301
Thursday. March 1
- Common Core State Standards Update. 9 - 10:15 a.m. Room 204
- Detracking to Improve Students' Achievement and Access to College. 9 - 10:15 a.m. Room 203
- Enrichment Instruction. 9 - 10:15 a.m. Room 316
- CA Spoken Word: Language Arts on FIRE. 9 - 10:15 a.m. Room 201
Note: Times and dates of sessions are subject to change. Please check the printed program you receive at registration or visit www.charterconference.org at the time of the event.
The 19th Annual California Charter Schools Conference will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center in Sacramento, CA, February 27-March 1, 2012. Get details on these, and all of the conference's excellent sessions, at www.charterconference.org.
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Bertelli at: (412) 559-8571 or email@example.com.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: