From Special Education Instruction and Budgeting to SELPA Status
February 9, 2012CCSA's Special Education mission is to empower charter schools to provide high quality and compliant special education services to an increased number and broader range of students with exceptional needs, by building a statewide infrastructure of resources that supports the flexible and autonomous nature of charter schools. Among the resources we offer are specialized trainings and workshops, including breakout sessions at the 19th Annual California Charter Schools Conference.
The special education strand at the conference will take on all of the latest issues facing special education leaders. Our sessions take in a wide range of topics from instruction and budgeting to SELPA status:
Tuesday, February 28
- It Takes a Village: Working with Stakeholders and Building Charter Networks. 10:45 a.m. - Noon. Room 308
- Special Education and Charter Schools: Building a Budget. 2 - 3:15 p.m. Room 310
- Switching SELPAs: when should my charter school consider this? 3:45 - 5 p.m. Room 310
Wednesday, February 29
- It Begins with a Partnership: Going All-In for Student Success. 8:30 - 9:45 a.m. Room 310
- YOU can do Behavior RTI; Enjoy a Year without Suspensions. 2 - 3:15 p.m. Room 310
Thursday, March 1
- Avoiding Special Education and Section 504 Pitfalls. 9 - 10:15 a.m. Room 313
- Designing and Implementing Cross Curricular Units. 9 - 10:15 a.m. Room 310
Note: Times and dates of sessions are subject to change. Please check the printed program you receive at registration or visit www.charterconference.org at the time of the event.
The 19th Annual California Charter Schools Conference will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center in Sacramento, CA, February 27-March 1, 2012. Get details on these, and all of the conference's excellent sessions, at www.charterconference.org.
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Bertelli at: (412) 559-8571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: