Mark Your Calendars: National Charter Schools Week May 3-9, 2015!
March 30, 2015
Tools & Resources
CCSA is partnering with the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools to deliver downloadable tools to support your efforts to spread the word.
- National Charter Schools Week Logo
- Social Media Badges
- Charter Schools Myths vs. Realities Fact Sheet
- Social Media Badges (click on your favorite and right click to download):
- Invite local elected ofﬁcials to visit your charter school. This guide makes it really easy to plan a visit.
- Send a press release
- Draft a letter to your member of Congress and/or representative
- Share your school fact sheet
- Submit an op-ed or letter to the editor on the wait list numbers in California and at your school.
- Register for the 23rd California Charter Schools Conference March 14-17, 2016 in Long Beach, CA during National Charter Schools Week and take advantage of discounted rates.
Join Us on Social Media
- Spread the Charter School Love: Tell us why you love charter schools! Print out a template, take a picture or video, and share it with us on social media using #CharterSchoolsWeek.
- TweetUp - Wednesday May 6th: Join the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools' tweetup! At 1:00 p.m. ET, use #CharterSchoolsWeek to help us trend on Twitter! We even have a prepared tweet for you here: Celebrating National #CharterSchoolsWeek w/ @charteralliance! Join the conversation and celebrate the #PowerOfCharters!
- Like us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter and Instagram so we can help share your stories!
- Join the conversation: #CharterSchoolsWeek
California Charter Schools By the Numbers
- 1,184: Total number of charter schools existing in California.
- 87: Number of new charter schools opening in 2014-15 school year.
- California: State with the most charter schools anywhere in the country.
- 547,800: Estimated number of students attending charters statewide as of 2014-15.
- 7%: Estimated percentage by which charter school student enrollment grew in 2014-15.
- 33,525: Estimated number of new charter school students in 2014-15.
- Los Angeles: Region with highest growth in new charter schools with 33 new charters opening.
- Northeast and Central Valley: Region with second highest growth in CA, with 22
- new charter schools opening, including 5 new charters in San Joaquin county and 3 new charters in Sacramento county
- 91,000: Estimated number of students currently on charter school waiting lists in CA.
- 34: Number of schools that closed in 2013-14.
- 9%: estimated percentage of students in the state attending charter public schools.
- 6.2 million: approximate number of total students attending all public schools in California according to 2013-14 data reported by the California Department of Education.
Press ContactSacramento and Central Valley
Britt Chord Parmley
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: