California Charter Schools Receive 2015 California Gold Ribbon Schools Award
May 8, 2015
The California Gold Ribbon Schools Award was created to honor schools in place of the California Distinguished Schools Program, which is on hiatus while California creates new assessment and accountability systems.
Schools applied for the award based on a model program their school adopted that includes standards-based activities, projects, strategies, and practices that can be replicated by other local educational agencies. The new award is recognizing middle and high schools this year and elementary schools in 2016.
The Gold Ribbon schools as well as the Exemplary Program recipients, Title I Academic Achieving Schools, 2015 Green Ribbon Schools, 2015 Civic Learning Award Schools, and the National Blue Ribbon Honorees from 2014 will be recognized in May during regional ceremonies held in Sacramento, San Diego, Visalia, and San Francisco.
The following charter schools were named 2015 California Gold Ribbon Schools:
Bay Area, North Coast, Central Coast
- City Arts and Tech High
- Envision Academy for Arts & Technology
- Mare Island Technology (MIT) Middle School
- MIT Academy High School
- Harmony Magnet Academy
- University Preparatory High
- Valley Charter High
- Academies of the Antelope Valley
- Alliance College-Ready Academy High 16
- Animo Pat Brown Charter High
- Crown Preparatory Academy
- Hawthorne Math and Science Academy
- Math and Science College Preparatory
- Renaissance Arts Academy
- Rise Kohyang Middle
- Valley Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Da Vinci Charter Academy
- Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
- Natomas Charter
- Western Sierra Collegiate Academy
- Westlake Charter Middle
San Diego Region
- National University Academy
- Health Sciences High and Middle College, Inc.
- Preuss School UCSD
- El Rancho Charter
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Bertelli at: (412) 559-8571 or email@example.com.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: