Mark Your Calendars: National Charter Schools Week May 1-7, 2016!
March 24, 2016
To make things easy, CCSA is partnering with the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools to deliver this toolkit of helpful resources and ideas to help you celebrate.
Tools & Resources
- National Charter Schools Week Logo
- Truth About Charters campaign
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Social Media Badges (right click on your favorite to download):
- Register to attend CCSA'a annual Advocacy Day on May 3, 2016.
- Engage your legislators. Invite local elected ofﬁcials to visit your charter school or send a letter to your legislator.
- Share your school fact sheet or ready-made fact sheets.
- Reach out to the media. Send a press release or submit an op-ed or letter to the editor.
- Share a newsletter article.
- Register for the 24th California Charter Schools Conference March 20-23, 2017 in Sacramento during National Charter Schools Week and take advantage of discounted rates.
- Share the truth about charter schools and help dispel common myths using these helpful tools organized by region.
Post. Tweet. Tag #CharterSchoolsWeek
- Tell us why you love charter schools! Take a picture or video, and share it with us on social media using the hashtag #CharterSchoolsWeek.
California Charter Schools By the Numbers
- 1,230: Charter schools in California
- 80: New charter schools opened in 2015-16 school year
- California: State with the most charter schools and charter school students in the country
- 581,100: Estimated number of students attending charter schools in CA as of 2015-16
- 7%: Estimated percentage by which charter school student enrollment grew in 2015-16
- 36,100: Estimated number of new charter school students in 2015-16
- Los Angeles: Region with highest growth in new charter schools
- 27: New charter schools opened in Los Angeles region
- North Coast & Bay Area: Region with second highest growth
- 21: New charter schools opened in North Coast and Bay Area
- 158,000: Estimated number of students on charter school waiting lists in 2014-15
- 32: Schools closed in 2014-15
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Bertelli at: (412) 559-8571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: