San Jose School Celebrates 10-year Anniversary
January 30, 2017
Dedicated to providing all students opportunities to reach their goals of going to college and building a career, UPA fought hard to open its doors to students and families in need.
After successfully winning on appeal to the Santa Clara County Office of Education, UPA became a county-wide charter. Today, they serve as a great example of a charter public school delivering on its promise to families by ensuring that all graduating students are qualified to enroll and succeed in some of the best colleges and universities in the country.
UPA staff and students embody a college-going culture evidenced by an intensive college prep program, including AP courses and an innovative math, engineering, bio-medical and science program. Students also benefit from an integration of theater and performing arts into their program.
UPA has received the following recognition statewide and nationally:
- In 2016, News and World Report named UPA as the 4th best high school in CA, and the 55th best in the nation.
- GreatSchools recognized UPA as one of the top Bay Area High Schools for Latino students.
- UPA ranked in the top 94th percentile of schools in California in 2016.
- UPA has exceptional graduation rates. In 2014-15, 96% of students graduated.
- Annually, 99-100% of students enroll in college.
- In 2014-15, 99% of students completed A-G course requirements to be eligible to enter either the California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC) systems.
Press ContactSacramento and Central Valley
Britt Chord Parmley
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: