#CCSACon 17 Keynote Speaker and Breakout Session Highlights
February 16, 2017overall schedule and our full breakout and poster session program. Have you registered yet? If not, please register today. This week we are highlighting our keynote speaker and three of our most popular session topics: Facilities, STEM and Special Education.
The keynote speaker for the Opening Plenary Session will be Andrew Solomon, author of "Far From the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity.'' The opening plenary session will be held at 8 am on Tuesday, March 21 at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium.
The New York Times called Far From the Tree ``a book everyone should read, and there's no one who wouldn't be a more imaginative of understanding parent - or human being - for having done so.''
BREAKOUT SESSION HIGHLIGHTS
Below are a few of the more than 160 breakout and poster sessions on our schedule in just three of our topic areas:
- Facilities Financing Options for Charter Schools
- I Need a Better Facility for My School: Now What?
- Laying the Groundwork: Preconstruction Legal Requirements
- Straight Talk about Co-Locations: Two Perspectives
- Building the STEAM Shop: Makerspaces in Public High Schools
- Technovation Challenge: Girls Combine Coding and Entrepreneurship
- Showcase Session: Expanding Computer Science in K12! Why? How? Help!
- Using LEGO Robotics in the Classroom
SPECIAL EDUCATION SUMMIT
- Meeting the Needs of Every Student Through Inclusive Practices
- Special Education Finance: Moving the State Toward a More Coherent System
- Not So Fast: When and How to Hold a Manifestation Determination
- Where to Start? Budgeting for Special Ed
- The Collaborative Model: An Alternative to Restrictive Special Education Placements
You may register online using a credit card or a purchase order number. If you utilize the purchase order option, you will receive an invoice for the total registration fees due. However, payment is not due until March 23, 2017. That means you can lock in today's rate and pay when it is most convenient for you between now and the event.
For more information, visit the conference website.
Use #CCSACon to follow and tag your posts about CCSA's Annual Conference.
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Bertelli at: (412) 559-8571 or email@example.com.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: