New School Leaders: Get Your School on Track with CCSA's Mentor Project
February 17, 2017
Leading a new charter school can be isolating work, with leaders of new schools finding themselves making complex decisions early on without access to real-time, guidance and resources. Yet, the charter movement has hundreds of successful leaders of high quality charter schools that have navigated the same issues new leaders face. With the input of mentor charter leaders, CCSA is launching The Mentor Project. The project pairs charter leaders of new schools with mentor charter school leaders who will draw on their own knowledge and experience to provide support.
Personalized and flexible support when you need it.
- Access to your mentor up to 3 hours a month.
- Learn strategies to juggle instructional improvement alongside operational development.
- Get support unique to those in leadership as issues arise for you.
Access to high-quality resources and guidance.
- Get help accessing the right CCSA information when you need it.
- Discuss how to apply the latest instructional leadership research.
- Learn from a mentor charter leader what they found to be most critical to their school's early success.
Share learnings and best practices.
- Provide survey feedback to ensure the project meets your needs.
- Optional Bonus: Meet face-to-face with The Mentor Project 2017 Cohort twice annually to share learnings, network, and build your knowledge base.
Save the Date: Mentor Project Kick-Off
- When: Monday, March 20, 2017 from 12:45 pm - 4:45 pm
- Where: 24th Annual California Charter Schools Conference, Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, Sacramento, CA
- What: Get matched with your mentor, network with other charter leaders, and receive best practice professional learning in charter leadership.
Sign up here to register for the FREE pre-conference session. Attendees receive a $50 discount to the full 24th Annual California Charter Schools Conference if you choose to stay after the pre-conference session.
If you can't make the pre-conference kick-off, but still want to be involved sign up here to learn about our kick-off events scheduled in regions across the state.
Questions? Contact Allison Kenda, Managing Director, Achievement and Performance Management, CCSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This event was supported in part by a National Leadership Activities grant from the U.S. Department of Education's Charter Schools Program. However, those content of the event does not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Education, and you should not assume the endorsement by the Federal Government.
Press ContactIf you are a member of the news media, please contact Emily Bertelli at: (412) 559-8571 or email@example.com.
Also on: Facebook
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: