Manager, Conference and Events
Position: Manager, Conference and Events
Location: California (Sacramento Preferred)
Overview of Responsibilities
The Conference and Events Manager is a key member of the California Charter Schools Association team and will work directly with the Conference and Events Director to provide logistics, communications and programming support for the Annual CCSA Conference (www.charterconference.org). An established tradition in the charter movement in California, the CCSA Annual Charter Schools Conference brings together thousands of charter leaders, teachers, board members and community stakeholders from across the state and the country every year for three days of great learning and connecting. Conference attendees report high levels of satisfaction with the CCSA Conference experience year after year.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving over 1,260 charter public schools and more than 630,000 students in the state of California. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non‑charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools. For more information, please visit http://www.ccsaadvocates.org/.
- Monitor budget, process check requests and invoices
- Implement the communications plan for CCSA's annual conference that includes branding, marketing, outreach and internal/external communications
- Lead successful planning and manage logistics of all ancillary events including, pre-conference workshops, tandem board and council meetings, CEO events, sponsored events and CCSA staff hosted events
- Oversee the coordination of registration items such as: bags, badges, ribbons, lanyards, stickers and buttons
- Oversee creation, execution and analysis of conference data (e.g., exhibitor survey, attendee survey, moderator form, exhibit hall visit survey and breakout session surveys)
- Develop and provide timely staff communications to aid in preparation for the annual conference (e.g., FAQ, rooming lists, schedules, emergency procedures, maps and onsite staff roles)
- Host staff webinars prior to the conference to review materials and address any questions
- Manage conference networking events, plenary sessions and activities
- Integrate content and graphics into program, signage, large structure, website and mobile app
- Lead attendee registration, registration bag production and onsite management
- Support various event logistics
- Manage multiple hotel contracts, room blocks, and rooming lists
- Exceptional follow-through, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker, innovator and quick learner
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement of systems, processes and one's self.
- Three years of more experience in event planning, communications, marketing or public relations
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, references and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Conference and Events and email it as an attachment to: OperationsCareers@ccsa.org.
The position will remain open until November 15, 2017, or until it is filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
November 15, 2017
Geoffrey Canada to Serve as a Keynote Speaker at the 25th Annual California Charter Schools Conference
The 25th Annual California Charter Schools Conference will feature Geoffrey Canada, nationally known author, children's advocate and founder of Harlem
November 13, 2017
Don't miss this in-person workshop and webinar that will provide you with essential elements needed to build a strong HR