Manager, Conference and Events
Position: Manager, Conference and Events
Location: California (Sacramento preferred)
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Conference and Events is an important member of the California Charter Schools Association team and will work directly with the Director, Conference and Events to provide logistics, communications and programming support for the Annual CCSA Conference https://www.charterconference.org/2018/. An established tradition in the charter movement in California, the CCSA Annual Charter Schools Conference brings together thousands of charter leaders, teachers, board members and community stakeholders from across the state and the country every year for three days of great learning and connecting. Conference attendees report high levels of satisfaction with the CCSA Conference experience year after year.
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
- Monitor budget, process check requests and invoices
- Manage multiple hotel contracts, room blocks, and rooming lists
- Participates in site inspections and selection
- Solicits feedback via surveys to identify areas for improvement to enhance the experience
- Lead successful planning and execution of events including, pre-conference workshops, CEO events, sponsored events and in-house events
- Assist in the research and selection of items such as: bags, conference app provider, badges, ribbons, lanyards, stickers and buttons
- Onsite coordination of events
- Vendor management
- Provides support, as appropriate, to CCSA Advocates - CCSA's tandem 501(c)4 organization - with campaign efforts at the local and state level.
Communication and Marketing
- Develop and provide timely staff communications to aid in preparation of events (e.g., FAQ, rooming lists, schedules, emergency procedures, maps and onsite staff roles)
- Host staff webinars prior to the annual conference
- Integrate content and graphics into program, signage, large structure, website and mobile app
- Implement the communications plan for CCSA's annual conference that includes branding, marketing, outreach and internal/external communications
- Write and edit copy for communications to external attendees
- Review content to ensure that all marketing pieces are consistent in look, feel, and content
- Exceptional follow-through, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines; maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement of systems, processes and one's self
- Passion for education reform; knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in event planning, communications, and/or marketing
How to Apply Please send cover letter, references and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Conference and Events and email it as an attachment to: OperationsCareers@ccsa.org.
The position will remain open until July 30, 2018, or until it is filled.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving over 1,260 charter public schools and more than 630,000 students in the state of California. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools. For more information, please visit http://www.ccsaadvocates.org/.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
July 16, 2018
Unfortunately, neighborhood, skin color, and income level still determine the kind of education children receive in California. The good news
July 12, 2018
In honor of Black History Month, La Kea harper, an African American alumna from College Bridge Academy in Compton, shares