Manager, Data Systems
Position: Manager, Data Systems
Location: CA (Los Angeles, Oakland, or Sacramento Preferred)
Description of Job (in two sentences): The Manager, Data Systems maintains and enhances internal data and data systems for all the Association's teams and works with various internal stakeholders under the leadership of the Managing Director, Data Services.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Data Systems will play an important role in maintaining and enhancing the data and data systems for all the Association's teams and may work with various internal stakeholders under the leadership of the Managing Director, Data Services.
The Manager, Data Systems will also provide operational support to various related advocacy projects aligned with the organizational missions of both CCSA (501c3) and CCSA Advocates (501c4). The ideal candidate must possess great customer service skills, hands-on experience handling and transferring data between different systems, be exceedingly well organized, flexible and willing to work professionally within a team of diverse people and projects. A sense of humor, ability to roll with things and a passion for education reform will make everything more enjoyable for you and for us. Proficiency in data management is required.
- Provide guidance and support to CCSA staff on maintaining the integrity of the Association's internal data housed in Salesforce.
- Extract, transform and load data sets to and from different data systems as needed to ensure Association teams have the most-up-to-date data to inform their work.
- Champion and provide excellent internal and external customer service for all data and technology matters.
- Design and create various data reports.
- Perform regular data integrity checks to ensure the quality of CCSA's existing data.
- Monitor and address issues with outside developers and consultants.
- Aid in the research, development and documentation of internal best practices to increase overall staff efficiency via new or existing technologies and processes.
- Develop materials and conduct group training sessions on data systems and data best practices as needed.
- Assist the Managing Director, Data Services in project managing a wide range of different efforts and support requests.
- Demonstrated ability with data manipulation tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Comfort with Salesforce, including integrations, and DemandTools.
- Superior follow-through and attention to detail.
- Determination, high motivation, resilience. Not deterred by adversity or failure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills and habits.
- High degree of comfort with technology, databases and change management.
- Quick learner with demonstrated ability to master new technology and applications.
- Time management - ability to stay focused and organized in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities.
- Commitment to continuous improvement - ability to identify and address weaknesses, both operationally and personally.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds in a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communications skills sufficient to write reports/documentation and carry out in person and remote training sessions with little or no supervision.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification, strongly preferred.
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- A keen appreciation and understanding of the Association's vision and mission.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Not just a comfort with ambiguity, but a willingness to embrace it and bring order to it.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited institution.
CCSA offers a comprehensive compensation package, including generous healthcare benefits and retirement contribution matching, paid time off (PTO), and 13 paid holidays per year in addition to PTO. The annual salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please send both, cover letter and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Data Systems and email it as an attachment to: DOITCareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
Position will be open until filled.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving over 1,275 charter public schools and more than 630,000 students in the state of California. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools. For more information, please visit http://www.ccsaadvocates.org/.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
March 19, 2018
Join us on Thursday, March 22 from 11 am to noon to hear from incoming CCSA Board Chair Margaret Fortune
March 19, 2018
Are you planning on attending the 2018 conference? If yes, here's an event you do not want to miss. Haven't