Manager, Digital Organizing
Posted: August 22
Location: ANYWHERE in CA,
(Los Angeles or Sacramento preferred)
Description of Job
The Manager of Digital Organizing implements digital engagement strategies that build and maintain a large, mobilized base of charter supporters, across the state, who will consistently take actions on key charter school advocacy and electoral priorities.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager of Digital Organizing is responsible for the daily implementation of our digital engagement strategy to engage our base of supporters and to build the base of supporters quickly. The Manager will report to the Director of Digital Organizing. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating content in both English and Spanish and in analyzing digital organizing campaigns.
Digital Engagement Strategy Implementation
- Implement digital engagement strategies across multiple platforms, including email, texts, Facebook, other social media, and websites
- Develop high-quality, engaging, impactful content, in English and Spanish, based on our digital organizing strategy
- Develop content for targeted segments of the database relevant to specific campaigns
- Tailor strategies to local communities and database segments
- Work closely with multiple teams across the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA), including the Organizing, Communications, Political Affairs, Regional Advocacy, and Government Affairs teams, in delivering high-quality and relevant digital content to our base of supporters
- Work closely with community organizers and regional advocates to utilize digital tools to support their advocacy campaigns .
- Project manage multiple, aligned digital campaigns at once across the entire state and in local communities Analysis
- Review analytics regularly from all digital organizing campaigns to assess effectiveness and make changes as needed
- Develop and utilize systems and tools to support data integration in digital engagement campaigns
- Experience working on digital issue advocacy campaigns and/or digital electoral campaigns Experience developing digital content for a wide variety of platforms, including email, text, social media, and advertisements
- Experience managing multiple projects at once
- Experience with HubSpot, PDI, Salesforce or other comparable CRMs Track record of using Facebook analytics, Twitter analytics, Instagram insights, and other analytical tools to improve campaigns
- Experience creating data systems and tools to track digital engagement campaign success Verbal and written communications skills
- Written Spanish required. Can write emails and social media posts in Spanish Strong written communication skills; can provide multiple examples of self-produced digital campaign content upon request
- Ability to train staff across the organization on digital tools and methods
- Constant learner
- Extremely data driven--can develop data systems to track results; monitors progress constantly; adapts quickly using analytical insights
- Believes that collaboration and teamwork lead to better results
- Likes a new challenge
- A bit scrappy--determined; seeks unusual methods to meet goals
- Relentless--persists in the face of adversity, finding new ways to get things done
- Can work nights and weekends during campaigns
- Works well across lines of difference--prioritizing equity, diversity, and inclusion in all facets of the work
- Passionate about the charter movement--supporting great schools, wanting to see more charters, and understanding charters' role in public education
How to Apply
Please send both, cover letter and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Digital Organizing, and email it as an attachment to: CAPACareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
December 10, 2018
Scratch & Save Holiday Registration Special The 26th Annual California Charter Schools Conference is taking place March 11-14, 2019 in
December 3, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact Caity Heim, California Charter Schools Association email@example.com 916-926-8234 Paradise Charter Schools Celebrate the First Day