Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Posted: August 2
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Regulatory Affairs will assist in implementation of all of CCSA's regulatory efforts. Manager, Regulatory Affairs will coordinate regulatory strategy discussions and assist in deciding positions on charter school regulations and charter school items at state regulatory agencies, ensuring CCSA is advocating for charter schools' best interests in Sacramento. Manager, Regulatory Affairs will help implement CCSA's strategic priorities.
State Regulatory Advocacy
- Manage regulatory strategy discussions and work with Managing Director, Government Affairs to determine positions on charter school regulations and charter school items at state agencies, boards, and commissions
- Serve as first line of defense for charter schools on appeal at the State Board of Education
- Analyze ACCS Agenda Items
- Write letters of support
- Walk schools through the SBE process
- Review regulatory agenda items, send summaries to team
- Testify before state agencies on behalf of Managing Director, Government Affairs when necessary
- Maintain a working knowledge of state agencies, boards, and commissions that impact charter schools
- Monitor/attend regulatory hearings as assigned, provide summaries to team
- Maintain regulatory calendar
- Conduct daily regulatory tracking
- Schedule regulatory appointments as needed
- Design and oversee a system to track changes to regulations that affect charter schools
- Attend regulatory hearings when charter school items are being discussed
- Assure timely and accurate actions/responses to regulatory agency requests
- Participate in CCSA budget advocacy to ensure coordination of activities across the GA team
- Maintain databases on charter school statistics and grant programs:
- Charter School Facility Grant Program (SB 740)
- Proposition 39 (Energy)
- SB 740 Funding Determinations
- Charter School Facility Incentive Grants
- Revolving Loan Program
CCSA Membership Outreach
- Inform membership of regulatory issues via the Capitol Update
- Draft regulatory updates for CCSA Member Council, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders
- Create and maintain regulatory content on calcharters.org as needed
- Serve as regulatory affairs liaison within CCSA for staff with questions about general regulations, CCSA-impacted regulations, and our regulatory advocacy efforts
- Proactively continue personal professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- BA required in a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including quantitative analysis, spreadsheets, and databases
- Highly collaborative and perceptive, and shows prudent analysis in problem solving
- Ability to work independently and take direction; organizational skills to manage multiple projects, ability to work on tight and changing deadlines, and manage workload amongst various priorities and work projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to report to various supervisors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work
- Work is conducted in an office environment; job requires ability to work with office equipment, files, lift boxes and materials of up to 25 pounds
How to Apply
Please send both, cover letter and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Regulatory Affairs and email it as an attachment to: GACareers@ccsa.org.
Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
Position will be open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: