Manager, School Development, Northeast Region
Position: Manager, School Development, Northeast Region
Location: Sacramento or Central Valley
Description of Job:
The Manager, School Development, Northeast Region manages the development process for new schools working toward authorization. This includes outreach, technical support, project management, and petition development guidance.
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Manager, School Development, Northeast Region position manages charter school development support for the California Charter Schools Association's Northeast and Central Valley regions. The position reports directly to the Managing Director of School Development.
As part of the statewide School Development and Support team, focusing on growing the number of new charter schools in California, the primary responsibilities for the Manager, School Development, Northeast Region include outreach and recruitment of new school developers, providing specific supports and project management throughout the new school development process for the Northeast and Central Valley regions of California. The position covers a large geographic territory and requires the ability to support schools remotely and travel throughout the area.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving over 1,260 charter public schools and more than 630,000 students in the state of California. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non‑charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools. For more information, please visit http://www.ccsaadvocates.org/.
The Manager, School Development, Northeast Region is responsible to execute CCSA priorities through the following specific responsibilities:
- Conduct ongoing charter school development outreach and recruiting;
- Manage the intake and evaluation process for potential developer members;
- Manage, support, and track the development process for a diverse portfolio of developing schools;
- Research, write and present school development related content for members, including workshops, webinars, presentations, FAQs, timely information briefs, etc.;
- Work cooperatively with Regional Advocacy Team to ensure effective advocacy through the charter school approval process;
- Work cooperatively with statewide School Development and Support team to identify and remove common roadblocks; and
- Maintain a high level of communication with developer members and Association staff.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to track progress of multiple projects at one time;
- Exceptional relationship management skills with experience managing conflicts and political environments;
- Strong public speaking and professional communication skills with the ability to coordinate and communicate with multiple statewide teams;
- Membership-driven, service orientation with keen attention to detail;
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred;
- 2+ years professional experience in a related field, nonprofit or public service sector preferred
- California public school system and other education reform initiatives;
- The needs of California's diverse population, including high need communities; and
- Working understanding of the California charter school law and school development process, and related content, including but not limited to education program design, finance, 501c3 design, and best practices in education reform.
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment;
- Work remotely and to travel throughout the region;
- Work some nights and weekends;
- Take initiative and ownership for outcomes, and exercise sound judgment in day-to-day decision-making both independently and as a part of a team;
- Process large of amounts of information, and distill it into clear verbal and written communications;
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Learn quickly on the job; and
- Speak Spanish, preferred
How to Apply
Please send both, cover letter and resume, as one PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, School Development & Support, Northeast email it as an attachment to: SDSCareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write anything on the subject line or in the email body.
Position will be open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
October 19, 2018
Question: Must charter public schools complete the 1 Percent Threshold and Justification Form? Answer: Yes, the 1 Percent Threshold Justification
October 15, 2018
Does your team have an innovative approach to risk management? Are you a CharterSAFE member? Apply for CharterSAFE's second-annual Bob