Manager, Youth Organizing, Los Angeles
Position: Manager, Youth Organizing, Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Overview of Responsibilities
The Manager, Youth Organizing, Los Angeles will work with the Director, Youth Organizing to develop, execute, and own strategic youth organizing work in Los Angeles. You will manage a team of 7 youth organizers, serving as the internal advocate for this team and the students they develop, and drive collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams to achieve ambitious results.
The Manager, Youth Organizing, Los Angeles understands and is committed to the leadership development of young people. They will have solid organizing experience and a proven track record of helping teams achieve great things. The Manager understands the complexities of working with youth and will support youth organizers in the management of student clubs throughout Los Angeles.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make a long-term impact on underserved families while working in a fast-paced role and high-impact organization.
- Develop and execute organizing campaigns with internal CCSA partners around the protection and expansion of charter schools
- Create and execute strategy for the LA Youth Organizing team, identifying issues that align with CCSA's priorities
- Cultivate a safe, structured, and comfortable environment for students and youth
- Ensure Youth Organizers foster engagement with youth to produce more significant student civic engagement through Student Organizing and Civic Engagement (SOCE) clubs
- Involve, support, and empower youth participants in generating community and a sense of ownership
- Lead a team in goal setting, decision-making, planning, progress-monitoring, and reflecting
- Set direction and drive results across a team of 7 organizers through a variety of methods (data tracking and analysis, campaign plans, strategy meetings, check-ins, performance plans, feedback sessions)
- Coach and develop Youth Organizers by providing constant feedback and support
- Perform other duties as required to support the CCSA 501(c)3 organization and its mission
- Provide support, as appropriate, to CCSA Advocates - CCSA's tandem 501(c)4 organization - with campaign efforts at the local and state level
- 4+ years of experience in education, youth advocacy, or organizing
- A degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience leading and building teams within complex organizations
- Organizing experience, a plus
- Experience working with youth, a plus
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented; able to manage competing priorities
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends
- Great writing and communication skills
- Spanish-speaking preferred
How to Apply
Please submit materials as one PDF or Word document including:
Cover letter answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- List of three references with phone numbers and emails (will only contact after notifying you)
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Manager, Youth Organizing, Los Angeles and send the attachment to: OrganizingCareers@ccsa.org.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving 1,275 charter public schools and more than 630,000 students in the state of California. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools.
The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
July 16, 2018
Unfortunately, neighborhood, skin color, and income level still determine the kind of education children receive in California. The good news
July 12, 2018
In honor of Black History Month, La Kea harper, an African American alumna from College Bridge Academy in Compton, shares