Managing Regional Director, Northern and Central California
Location: Northern and Central California
Posted: December 2017
This position leads the advocacy, member relations and Board member relations for the California Charter Schools Association in the Northern and Central regions, and reports directly to the Senior Vice President of the Statewide Advocacy team.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Managing Regional Director, Northern and Central California has responsibility to be the primary representative of CCSA and its advocacy-related and member relations goals in the region. This region geographically includes all counties in both Northern and Central California, with an emphasis on the work in the Sacramento and Fresno Counties. This position currently manages two direct employees, including one Regional Director and one Regional Manager who focus on local policy and advocacy work.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving 1,230 charter public schools and more than 581,000 students in the state of California. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools.
- Foster strong relationships and communications with the Northern and Central California charter school community, which includes over 400 charter schools across the region.
- Develop a plan for broad-scale community engagement and build partnerships with key community organizations in Northern and Central California.
- Build and manage relationships with key elected and appointed officials and other important community stakeholders for the purpose of forwarding CCSA priorities.
- Manage and oversee a Regional Manager in the Sacramento area and a Regional Director who have responsibility for work in Northern and Central California related to policy and advocacy.
- Systems and structures to ensure that the team is operating in a way that ensures we are meeting our goals and objectives.
- Personally perform direct, intensive advocacy work in the Northern and Central California area to spur charter school growth and success in the district, including work with board members and key staff in the Northern and Central California region and other key school districts in the area.
- Implement and oversee key charter school policy matters within the Northern and Central California region, including, but not limited to, public school funding and facilities issues, charter school flexibility, accountability, charter school-specific law and policy, issues impacting special populations (e.g. low-income, special education, diverse ethnic communities, etc.)
- Organize and mobilize the charter community toward common policy outcomes.
- Collaborate with CCSA Advocates to develop strategy and tactics for political and field-level engagement in elections work.
- Experience managing and leading others
- Demonstrated perseverance and success in a results-driven environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous work efforts and a strong ability to plan strategically and marshal resources toward the implementation of that plan
- Ability to take initiative and high levels of ownership for outcomes, and exercise sound judgment in day-to-day decision-making
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences in a timely, succinct, and effective manner
- Experience working with California charter public schools
- Experience in both political and grassroots organizing environments
- Experience working with a diverse population representative of the state of California, including evidence of an understanding of high needs communities
- Advanced level of higher education
- Willingness to work flexible hours including occasional weeknights and weekends
How to Apply
Please submit materials as one PDF or Word document including:
- Cover letter answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
- List of Three References (will only contact after notifying you)
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Managing Regional Director, Northern and Central California" and email attachment to: RACareers@ccsa.org
Position will be open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
December 3, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact Caity Heim, California Charter Schools Association firstname.lastname@example.org 916-926-8234 Paradise Charter Schools Celebrate the First Day
November 30, 2018
Paradise Charter Schools Thank Governor Brown for Signing Executive Order Helping Fire-Impacted Schools
Today, the Paradise charter school community thanked Governor Jerry Brown for signing an [executive order](https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/11.28.18-EO-B-58-18.pdf) that will help the area's