Operations Support Coordinator (Part-Time)
Posted: September 1, 2017
Location: Anywhere in California, Los Angeles Preferred
Overview of Responsibilities
The Operations Support Coordinator is an hourly, part-time position that plays a key role in providing operations support for the largest charter school association in the country. The Operations Support Coordinator will handle a variety of office management and organizational support needs. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their professional career or enter the education sector.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional follow-through, be a self-starter, well-organized, flexible, and willing to work professionally within a team of diverse people and projects. A sense of humor, ability to roll with things, and a passion for education reform will make everything more enjoyable for you and for us. An ability to work well within a diverse team under pressure to meet deadlines is also essential.
The Operations Support Coordinator will be a part of the Data, Operations and Information Technologies Team (DOIT) within the larger Operations Team. The Operations Team accelerates CCSA's impact in achieving its priority objectives by supporting all of the Association's nine other teams in accomplishing their specific goals by providing quality, cost-effective support services. As part of the Operations Team, the Data, Operations and Information Technologies Team ensures all CCSA's teams have the best tools and processes available to successfully carry out their mandates. As a consequence, the team touches all of CCSA's activities and provides a dynamic, fast-paced environment in which all its members can have a significant impact on California's charter school movement.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving 1,253 charter public schools and more than 600,000 students in the state of California. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The Vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The Mission of CCSA Advocates is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure.
- Fulfill various office management duties including ordering supplies, handling mail/shipments, monitoring faxes, and coordinating with building management on facilities issues as needed.
- Enter and load data into our Salesforce database
- Perform data cleanup tasks in our Salesforce database
- Monitor our help desk of internal support requests
- Tag and track equipment to ensure we are effectively managing our inventory
- Provide an internal customer service point of contact for our LA office
- Support the Director of Operations & Information Technologies as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Great follow-through, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic
- Effective communication skills, with a customer service orientation
- Experience with Salesforce (a plus)
From $16 per hour up to $20 per hour, depending on experience, up to 30 hours a week. This is an hourly, non-exempt position with no benefits. Hours may be increased later based on performance.
How to Apply
Please send an email with a cover letter and resume as one PDF or Word Document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/ or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Operations Support Coordinator and email it as an attachment to DOITCareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write on the body of the email as comments will not be saved.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: