Regional Director, Projects, Southern California
Posted: August 23
Location: San Diego Area, California
Overview of Responsibilities
The Regional Director, Project, Southern California, reports directly to the Vice President, Regional Advocacy, and will work closely with CCSA's regional leads to build out a strong infrastructure of charter leader networks to support the sustainability of current and new quality charter schools. The ideal candidate is an excellent meeting organizer, project manager, and event planner; is very detail-oriented; and is highly organized. This role is designed for a person who has an interest in working with networks of community members to create efficient systems that support innovation and growth of best educational practices at charter schools in San Diego County.
About California Charter Schools Association (CCSA)
California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving 1,230 charter public schools and more than 581,000 students in the state of California. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non-charter public schools on every measure. For more information, please visit www.ccsa.org.
About California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates)
California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools, and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools.
Description of Job
Provides operational, management, and strategic support to build advocacy and school growth infrastructure in San Diego County. Works closely with charter leaders, local philanthropists, community influencers, and CCSA internal teams. This position will manage the operation of the following groups: San Diego County Facilities Workgroup, San Diego County Charter Education Incubator, SOCAL Advocacy Councils, SDUSD Charter Leaders Group, and Non-Classroom Based Workgroup.
- Coordinate, plan and execute meetings for charter leader workgroups and geographically based cohorts, including agenda preparation, logistics planning, and detailed follow-up and follow-through with each individual member from each meeting.
- Cultivate relationships with charter leaders and community members involved in the workgroups. Monitor progress toward grant metrics and Southern California's regional advocacy strategic plan.
- Direct our efforts to gain philanthropic support for charter school growth and ongoing advocacy efforts in the region.
- Manage meeting calendars for all Southern California region member and workgroup meetings. Review and create content to update internal staff and external audiences on activiites related to the various workgroups and charter leader cohorts.
- Experience in project management.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fast learner.
- Outgoing personality, with ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Ability to interact confidently with charter-school staff in executive and leadership positions.
How to Apply
Please submit materials as one PDF or Word document including:
- Cover letter answering the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular, with detailed examples of your project and people management experience?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Regional Director, Projects, Southern California attachment to: RACareers@ccsa.org.
Position will be open until September 15, 2017, or until filled.
The California Charter Schools Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
February 25, 2018
Starting February 21, participate in a workshop from the experts at FCMAT about data reporting, including CALPADS, attendance, and LCFF
February 22, 2018
A note from Jed Wallace, President and CEO, CCSA, about the importance of taking action to help ensure all of