Senior Managing Director, Data, Operations and IT (DOIT)
Position: Senior Managing Director, Data, Operations and IT (DOIT)
Location: Los Angeles, Oakland or Sacramento Preferred
Overview of Responsibilities
The Senior Managing Director, Data, Operations and IT (DOIT) leads our internal data, operations, and information technologies efforts for the largest charter school association in the country. In this role, the Senior Managing Director guides the internal Data, Operations, and Information Technologies teams to ensure all CCSA staff have the data, tools, and processes to advance our vision of ensuring no student in California is denied the right to a great public education. As part of the larger Operations Team, the Senior Managing Director, DOIT engages frequently with CCSA and CCSA Advocates' teams to serve as a resource and thought partner.
- Collaborate with CCSA's nine other teams and serve as a thought partner and resource in various efforts spanning a wide range of areas, including advocacy, political engagement, communications, and people organizing.
- Lead a team of nine people to ensure CCSA internal data, operations, and information technologies efforts are aligned to the organization's goals and needs.
- Coach three direct reports on how to manage and develop their respective staff to constantly exceed expectations.
- Project manage a series of cross-functional efforts both with internal teams and external partners.
- Assist the team in planning and executing a growing and complex workload to maximize efficiency.
- Foster and safeguard an excellent team culture.
- Champion a data-informed mindset throughout the organization.
- Work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, backgrounds and preferences in a team environment.
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to quality and continuous improvement - both operationally and personally.
- Work with the Deputy Chief Operating Officer on a series of projects and efforts as needed.
- Provide support, as appropriate, to CCSA Advocates - CCSA's tandem 501(c)4 organization - with campaign efforts at the local and state level.
- Proven ability to manage and coach multiple reports in different roles and areas.
- Experience in dynamic environments with competing priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing deadlines.
- Great track record of project management and delivering on time and on budget.
- High degree of comfort with technology, databases and change management.
- Superior follow-through and attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A great customer-service orientation and a desire to help others.
- Not just a comfort with ambiguity, but a willingness to embrace and bring order to it.
- Passion for education reform. Knowledge of and experience working with charter schools a plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, and voter information systems a plus.
- Knowledge of or exposure to political campaigns and their day-to-day operations a plus.
- Understanding of and experience with tandem organization structures (c3/c4) and the necessary compliance requirements a plus.
- Minimum of a BA/BS.
How to Apply
Please send both cover letter and resume combined as one single PDF or Word document. The cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is it about our mission that resonates with your experience and/or interests?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this position in particular?
- Where did you learn about this opportunity?
Save the document as "your first name and last name - Senior Managing Director, DOIT" and email it as an attachment to: OperationsCareers@ccsa.org. Please do not write anything in the subject line or in the email body.
Position will be open until filled.
About the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) (501c3)
The California Charter Schools Association is the membership and professional organization serving over 1,275 charter public schools and more than 630,000 students in the state of California. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of CCSA is to have a million students attending charter public schools by 2022, with charter public schools outperforming non charter public schools on every measure.
About the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) (501c4)
The California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSA Advocates) is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to increasing the involvement of the charter school community in the public policy arena, creating a pipeline of charter school supporters and activists, electing public officials who support California charter schools and growing the political influence of the California charter school movement. The vision of the California Charter Schools Association Advocates (CCSAA) is to increase student learning by growing the number of families choosing high quality charter schools so that no child is denied the right to a great public education. The mission of Advocates is to increase the number of students attending quality charter schools in California as quickly as possible by creating a political environment that is supportive of charter schools. For more information, please visit http://www.ccsaadvocates.org/.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
September 21, 2018
We hope your school year is off to a fantastic start. Take five minutes this week to lock-in the low
September 19, 2018
California's Charter Schools Fight for Most Vulnerable Students, Thank Governor Jerry Brown for Putting Kids First
CCSA applauds Governor Jerry Brown for signing Assembly Bill (AB) 1871, which will ensure that all of California's charter schools