Hart Vision Award Winners: Charter School of the Year
The Hart Vision Awards, established by the California Charter Schools Association predecessor, CANEC, in 1995, are named in honor of Gary K. Hart, retired California State Senator and former California Secretary of Education. While serving as a state senator, Hart sponsored the legislation that established California charter schools. The following is a list of past Charter School of the Year winners.
Charter School of the Year
- Summit Public Schools, Bay Area and Wilder's Prepatory Academy, Inglewood, CA (2017).
- CHIME Institute, Northridge and Voices College-Bound Language Academy, San Jose (2016)
- Camino Nuevo Charter Academy, Los Angeles and John Muir Charter School, Sacramento (2015)
- Five Keys Charter School, San Francisco, and El Sol Santa Ana Science and Arts Academy, Santa Ana (2014)
- Fenton Avenue Charter School, Los Angeles and Lighthouse Community Charter, Oakland (2013)
- St. HOPE Public School 7 (PS7), Sacramento and Gabriella Charter School, Los Angeles (2012)
- Dr. Olga Mohan High School, Los Angeles and KIPP Bridge Charter School, Oakland (2011)
- Renaissance Arts Academy, Los Angeles and Life Learning Academy/Delancey Circle's Life Learning Academy, San Francisco (2010)
- Our Community School, Los Angeles and Oakland Charter Academy, Oakland (2009)
- Synergy Charter Academy, Los Angeles (2008)
- Watts Learning Center, Los Angeles (2007)
- Natomas Charter School, Sacramento and Pacific Collegiate Charter School, Santa Cruz (2005-2006)
- View Park Prep Accelerated School, Los Angeles (2004)
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
February 9, 2018
CCSA looks forward to hosting you next month, March 26 to 28 for the 25th Annual California Charter Schools Conference
February 9, 2018
CCSA Answers: Do the annual March 1st School Safety Plan adoption requirements included in Education Code Section 32286 apply to charter schools?
Learn whether the annual March 1st School Safety Plan adoption requirements included in Education Code Section 32286 applies to charter