The Knowledge Management Team is your go to resource for charter school technical assistance
CCSA membership includes access to the Knowledge Management Team and the many services they provide to help you increase academic and operational success while saving your school time and money.
Members can email email@example.com and CCSA's Knowledge Management Team will point you to the resources you need or answer your inquiry within a 24-hour turnaround.
- The Knowledge Management Team offers in-person and online webinars on a wide range of topics throughout the year. Free to members and open to anyone on your school's staff or governing board, these workshop offerings include:
- Quarterly Business Managers meetings providing updated information on budget and financial issues, and regulatory and legislative issues,
- Financial and governance training required for Public Charter Schools Grant Program work plans,
- Funding and Budget Review workshops designed to assist school developers with their petition development,
- Annual Finance and Governance Academies in partnership with CCSA's legal and business vendor members, and
- A wide variety of other topics which vary every semester (i.e. CALPADS, HR Best Practices, LCAP, LCFF, Teacher Credentialing)
The online Charter Schools Resource Library compiled by the Knowledge Management Team includes hundreds of reference materials, templates and sample documents related to:
- Admissions & Enrollment
- Board & Governance
- Charter Renewal & Closure
- Communications & Community Outreach
- Financial Management
- HR & Employment
- Independent Study
- Special Education
- Student & Parent Policies
Constantly updated, these resources are made available to member schools so they don't have to reinvent the wheel and can learn from the best practices of other charter schools. New web resources, upcoming workshops, grants and key financial and reporting deadlines are highlighted in CCSA's Weekly Member Digest, delivered to your inbox each Monday. The Digest also includes answers to members' Frequently Asked Questions.
Webinars & Workshops
The Knowledge Management Team offers workshops in-person and via online webinars on a wide range of topics throughout the year. These are free to members, open to anyone on your school's staff or board and include:
Business Managers' Meetings: Online and in-person presentations to update schools on fiscal matters, and regulatory and legislative updates which impact them
Finance Academies: Helps charter schools and developers strengthen their internal financial management capacity and train charter board members in their fiduciary financial duties
Governance Academies: Helps schools develop legally compliant governing board policies and procedures, and establish clear roles and responsibilities, including financial oversight and regular review of student performance, and Brown Act training
HR Best Practices: Covers the highlights of California's labor laws and best HR practices for implementation in charter schools
LCFF Calculator and CALPADS / Data Management: Gives users an overview of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), the LCFF Calculator, and the methodology for completing LCFF calculations for charter schools; and provides participants with an overview of the statewide education data, assessment and accountability systems, and introduces some of the best practices for data management.
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP): Provides schools with information on LCAP including: Budget, Goals, Timelines, and Plan Requirements
NCLB, California Teaching Credentials, and You!: Provides an overview of federal and state credentialing laws while enabling charter schools to have their questions answered by a credentialing expert
Check CCSA's Weekly Member Digest or Events Calendar for specific dates, times, and locations. Additional workshops may be added as new topics of importance to charter schools arise.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
November 9, 2018
CCSA has released a statement about wildfires burning throughout California, including the Camp Fire in Butte County, the Hill Fire
November 8, 2018
Charter school leaders are encouraged to participate in this in-person workshop to learn about essential elements needed to build a