Web Developer (Part-Time)
Posted: May 10, 2017
Location: Flexible (CA)
Work with the Director, Digital Communications in fulfilling the front end development needs of CCSA, including the posting and maintenance of content on the organization's web platforms; coding for any unique content needs; and ensuring the maintenance of servers through any necessary updates as well as possessing the ability to upload any microsites or standalone web properties to applicable servers. In addition, this role will support the occasional need for custom HTML for email communications through CCSA's CRM, as well as image optimization and formatting. We are seeking an individual who can work flexible, part-time hours, and who can also remain "on call" for any business critical needs.
- Support the production of content requests for ccsa.org and related microsites through our CMS's Movable Type and Wordpress.
- Provide ongoing website maintenance and enhancements when requested.
- Develop unique landing pages with custom HTML and CSS when needed; offer solutions for ccsa.org web requests as well as any unique web requests by the Director, Digital Communications.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly email communications through our CRM; provide support in custom HTML when needed.
- Ensure that hosting environments are maintained and that necessary updates are made; keep plugins up to date.
- Ensure responsivity with mobile devices.
- Promote best practices in usability and user experience.
- Promote best practices in SEO, graphic standards and page load optimization.
- Stay abreast of CCSA's emerging technical needs and identify areas for greater efficiency and implementation of best practices where gaps exist.
- Comprehension in CMS for content updates.
- Experience in developing web assets in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in Salesforce--particularly Salesforce integrations with web properties or CRMs.
- Knowledge in information architecture and user experience, with ability to build wireframes in tools like Axure or Visio.
- Any design experience in graphics or general web design, including the ability to use Adobe Creative Suite or comparable design applications.
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Survey and understand the backend of an enterprise digital environment and support each web properties' individual needs.
- Efficiently and ably manage multiple content updates and web requests from internal stakeholders.
- Serve as an internal thought partner in promoting best digital practices in usability, information architecture and technical support.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders across all functions.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and references, as one PDF or Word document.
Save the document as "your first name and last name" - Part-Time Web Developer and email it as an attachment to: CommsCareers@ccsa.org.
Please do not write anything in the email body.
Position will be open until filled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need: