Charter Developer Membership
A core part of the California Charter Schools Association's mission is to support the expansion of high-quality, autonomous charter public schools. Great schools require great leaders, which is why we offer a low-cost Charter Developer Membership to individuals interested in starting charter schools.
Through our Charter Developer Membership, CCSA provides individualized support throughout every phase of the process, from writing your charter petition through authorizer approval. We offer technical assistance, workshops, web resources and templates and our regional team members also offer guidance and advocacy support specific to your geographic area. With CCSA's direct assistance, Developer Members get a leg up in developing a strong and fully-compliant petition with a higher likelihood of being approved by local authorizers and starting strong. We are the only organization in the state offering this level of support to new charter school developers.
CCSA's annual Charter Developer Membership provides motivated teams the tools to succeed. The membership includes:
- Expert guidance through the petitioning and school development process, including full charter petition review and public advocacy support for qualifying members
- Pro bono or reduced rate incorporation services
- Technical support from CCSA staff, including Prop 39 application review and consultation
- Support navigating the local political landscape
- Individualized team road mapping and project management tools
- Immediate access to a wealth of tools, resources, FAQs and sample documents on CCSA's Charter Resource Library
- Timely communications, publications, and legislative updates
- Online and in-person trainings and workshops
- Member discounts on school products and services
- Connection to subject matter experts, specialized charter vendors, and a robust network of charter school operators and developers
By becoming a CCSA member, your school commits to do its part to ensure academic accountability. Click here to learn more.
Join Us Today!
- Contact the School Development & Support team to become a charter developer member!
- Already a member? Manage your membership here.
CCSA Billing: Developer Membership is a one-year term, but unlike the other programs it operates on a rolling basis and terms are renewed on the anniversary date of when a group joins CCSA.
Ask A Question
Let us know what you need:
From Our Blog
April 23, 2018
CCSA congratulates [El Camino Real Charter High School](http://ecrchs.net/)'s Academic Decathalon team for its eighth overall win, and [Leemore Middle College
April 23, 2018
The California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE) invites charter schools and charter management organizations to participate in a statewide survey