San Diego, CA – Three San Diego charter public schools in partnership with local health organizations will host free vaccination events for area residents this weekend. The events build on California charter public schools’ commitment to serve their community throughout the pandemic. School community residents interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine will be able to do so at the sites below.
VACCINATION EVENT #1
- What: O’Farrell Charter School and Champions for Health provide Moderna vaccine
- When: Sunday, May 9, from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm and Tuesday, May 11, from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Where: O’Farrell Charter School, 6130 Skyline Drive, San Diego, CA 92114
- Contact: Janessa Nedney, MSW O’Farrell Charter School at 619-263-3009
- Note: No appointment required
VACCINATION EVENT #2
- What: The Preuss School UC San Diego and UCSD provide Moderna and Pfizer vaccines
- When: Sunday, May 16, 2021 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Where: The Preuss School UC San Diego Walton Center, 3750 Voigt Drive La Jolla, CA 92037
- Contact: Dr. Helen V. Griffith, Executive Director, The Preuss School, 858-822-2282
- Note: Vaccine clinic is open all person ages 16 and up with an appointment. The clinic will offer the Moderna vaccine for adults and Pfizer vaccine for ages 16-17. Please bring any official form of Photo Identification (Driver's Lic, and Gov ID, etc.) Students can bring a school ID. Residents can schedule an appointment at: https://calendly.com/the-preuss-school/covid-vaccination-2
VACCINATION EVENT #3
- What: Bayfront Charter High School (Mueller Charter) provide Pfizer vaccine
- When: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Where: Mueller Charter School, 715 I Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Contact: Marueen DeLuca, Executive Director Mueller Charter School at 619-422-6192 (ext 4099)
- Note: Vaccine clinic is open to individuals from the school community ages 16 and up.
About charter public schools in San Diego
There are 131 diverse charter public schools in San Diego County educating 78,000 students. Charter schools are tuition-free public schools run by non-profit organizations open to all students regardless of zip code, race/ethnicity or ability level. Charter public schools operate with more flexibility than traditional district schools in exchange for increased accountability and high financial, academic and managerial standards by an authorizer.
About the California Charter Schools Association
The vision of the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) is to build great public schools of joy and rigor that prepare all California students for success in college, career, community, and life. The mission of CCSA is to meet parent, educator, and community need for great public school options by supporting and advocating for high quality non-profit charter schools and sharing their success throughout California’s public schools. Learn more.